Saturday, April 25, 2015

Gunpla: Gadessa, or the fruits of Internet shopping

The next Gundam model in my 2015 rollout is the Gadessa, from the Gundam 00 anime. Gadessa isn't even a Gundam, it's a mobile suit. But ever since I saw it in action in Gundam 00 I've wanted one to put on my shelf. It took some time to locate a Gadessa to call my own; it's never in stock at any of the Gundam Bases in Seoul, and even when I traveled to Japan this past winter I couldn't find it in the numerous Gundam stores I visited. Finally, I got the bright idea to try using Korean Internet shopping, which was so fruitful I'm embarrassed I didn't do it sooner.

Like with the last several models I shared on this blog, my Gadessa is a straight build with no fancy customizing. At most, I polished it up with some minor detail painting, like applying metallic gold to the rifle and the jets and a few spots of grey. I also tried spray painting some of the parts, a first for me: to make the dark pieces less shiny and more uniform in appearance, I blasted them with surfacer and black spray paint. The results are decent, and I think I'll be trying spray paint again with my next model.









No comments:

Post a Comment